Home insurance is necessary if you want to protect your most important possession. Not only does the Building of your house need protection, but so do the valuable things inside it. And a home insurance policy gives you this kind of protection.
A home insurance policy can cover any financial setbacks you must deal with if something terrible happens to your house or belongings. In most cases, a home insurance policy will cover the following:
● Structure damage to the house that was insured
● Content loss or damage, or damage to portable equipment anywhere in India
● Jewellery and other valuables need to be recovered or fixed.
● “Curios, works of art, and paintings” that are stored in your building and lost or damaged.
In addition to these basic coverages, you can choose from several add-on coverages when you buy home insurance. You can also use a home insurance calculator to determine the premium. The benefit of buying a home insurance policy is that it can make your primary home insurance plan cover more. The extended coverage can better protect your home in the event of a fire, a break-in, a natural disaster, or many other bad things. *
Covered by a Home Insurance Add-On
Insurance providers offer a wide range of home insurance add-on covers that can take care of your finances and protect you, your family, and your home in case something unexpected happens that could cause you to worry about money.
Here is everything that companies offer as extra coverage for your home:
● Loss of Rent Coverage: This extra coverage is helpful for people who rent their property to tenants. This coverage makes up for the loss of monthly rent if the house is damaged, making it unsafe to live in and forcing the tenants to leave. The insured person gets the money until the house is safe and good enough to live in again. *
● Covered by Temporary Resettlement: This cover is a must if you own your own home. Heavy floods or fires can damage your house and make it unsafe to live in. In these situations, you need to move to a temporary place to stay. If you have this coverage as part of your home insurance policy, you can get reimbursed for moving, packing, and getting to your new home. *
● Key and Lock Replacement Cover: Both renters and homeowners can benefit from this cover. *
This extra insurance takes care of the following:
○ Loss or theft of your house keys
○ If you lose or have your car keys stolen,
○ Costs for a locksmith to make new keys will be paid back (home and vehicle)
● Lost Wallet cover: If your wallet is lost or stolen, this cover will pay you back for the lost money. The refund covered the cost of replacing the wallet, the cash in it when it was stolen, and the cost of replacing lost cards and other essential documents when lost or stolen. *
● Coverage for your dog’s insurance: We know your pet is also essential to your family. You can buy this insurance for your dog, which will pay out if it passes away because of an accident or a disease it gets during the policy period. *
● Public Liability Coverage: If someone gets hurt at your home or their property gets damaged, this add-on coverage will reimburse you for fixing it. *
● Employee’s compensation cover: If something terrible happens and you get poorly hurt while working, this cover will pay the insured person for the same. *
An Insurance policy for a home is a form of protection that both homeowners and renters need. A home insurance policy and extra coverages protect the house’s structure, contents, and safety if something happens when you’re not there.
* Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘